Corn on the cob in cajun butter, on a bed of crispy kale.
- 1 x corn on the cob, ears removed
- 25g salted butter, softened
- 1/4 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 75g kale, finely chopped
- Preheat the grill of your oven to its highest setting.
- For the crispy kale, start by bringing a fryer, or a pan of sunflower oil, to 180c. Prepare a shallow bowl filled with a kitchen towel to drain your fried kale. Finely chop the kale, ensuring all stem has been removed. When the oil is at temperature, drop a handful of the kale into the oil and allow to fizz and fry. This will take 10 seconds. Remove and place on the kitchen towel and repeat the process for the remaining kale.
- Then, combine the softened butter, cayenne and garlic in a small bowl, beating together well. You should have a nice orange butter. Put this to one side whilst you grill your corn.
- Next, lay the corn in a roasting tray and place under the grill and grill for 8 minutes on each side, until the kernels of corn are showing flecks of black and brown burn. Once the corn is grilled on each side, remove from the grill and immediately brush with the cayenne butter- remember to be generous!
- Once the corn is completely covered, roll it in the crispy seaweed, making sure to get a good even coating around the corn- and then it's ready to eat!