Hazelnut fried fish with a grapefruit and kohlrabi salad
- 1 x white hot dog bun
- 75g haddock
- 75g kohlrabi, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 grapefruit, segmented and chopped
- 10g parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chipotle paste (available in most high street grocers)
- 1tbsp buttermilk
- Start by cutting the haddock into one inch thick and roughly three inches long batons of fish. Place these in a bowl and cover in a little buttermilk and allow to sit for 1 hour, covered in the fridge.
- Whilst the haddock is soaking, prepare your salad by finely slicing the kohlrabi and placing in a mixing bowl. Carefully remove the segments from the grapefruit, making sure to include no pips, and place these onto of the kohlrabi. Add the chopped parsley and mix well, adding any juice left from the grapefruit.
- Place the ground hazelnuts in a bowl or on a tray and dredge the soaked haddock pieces one by one in the nuts. Make sure all sides of the fish are evenly coated in the nuts.
- Preheat the fryer to 170c and when the oil is hot, carefully drop the haddock into the oil and fry for 3 minutes. Remove when ready and cool on a chopping board.
- Finally, mix the chipotle paste with the remaining 1tbsp of buttermilk.
- To assemble, cut open the hot dog bun, place the chipotle buttermilk dressing in the base of the bun followed by the fried fish, then the salad. Enjoy!