THE NEW YORK CABBY
Burnt sweetheart cabbage bagel with beetroot borani, beetroot crisps, dill, coriander, celery & sumac salad
- 1 x bagel
- 1/4 hispi or sweetheart cabbage
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 10g dill
- 10g parsley
- 50g celery
- 10g spinach
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Cut your cabbage into 1cm thick wedges and lay them in a baking tray. Place the tray in the hot oven and cook for 8 minutes each side until the cabbage is crispy and blackening at the edges. Do not under-do this stage, so much of the flavour is earned here.
- Next, blitz the beetroot, feta and vinegar together in a blender or food processor until it becomes a nice bright pink paste.
- then combine the herbs, celery, sumac and spinach in a mixing bowl, add the olive oil, and massage together with your hands.
- Finally, build the bagel by cutting the bagel in half and smear both sides with a tablespoon of beetroot borani. Place half the cabbage on the bottom half of the bagel, top with half the salad, and then place the top half of the bagel onto the bottom. Enjoy!