Burnt chipotle broccoli tacos with guacamole and pickled red onions
- 1 x avocado, removed from skin and stone removed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
Lime pickled onion recipe
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 x corn tortilla
- 1/4 tsp chipotle paste (available at most local grocery stores)
- 3 tsp guacamole (recipe above)
- 50g tender stem broccoli, grilled until slightly burnt
- 10g lime pickled onions
- Start by making the guacamole by adding avocado to a bowl alongside the chopped spring onion. Add the lime juice and sea salt. Using a potato masher or hand whisk, beat the mixture until smooth.
- Next, make the pickled onions by slicing the onion and placing in a bowl. Squeeze the lime juice all over the onion and massage gently with your hands to mix. Leave for 2 hrs to macerate.
- To finish off the full dish, place the tortilla in a dry frying pan, or on the hot grill, or over a flame, just to soften the tortilla. Next, smear the chipotle over the base of the tortilla, top this with the guacamole, top with the broccoli, and then finish with a pile of the pickled onions.